Working for Invicta is both a challenging and rewarding experience. Invicta’s strength lies in the talent and ability of its team and the business recognises this, by offering a highly competitive remuneration and benefits package.
We are looking to grow our team by recruiting a Research Executive. This is an opportunity to work alongside our Account Team and Business Manager, supporting with research and administrative tasks. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in politics and have the ability to analyse detailed policy at a local authority and devolved level, as well as Westminster.
All candidates should have 1-3 years professional experience in a comparable role and a background in social research skills are essential. Strong political and policy analysis skills are essential as are professional report-writing skills.
Based in George House, 36 North Hanover Street, Glasgow, G1 2AD
Core Hours – 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 4.30pm Friday
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary Banding – £22 – 30k (depending on experience).
- 20 days annual leave during 0-3 years of employment, 23 days during 3-5 years of employment and 25 days after 5 years of employment. In addition, 10 days of public holiday allowance.
- Under the current Pension Legislation, you will automatically be enrolled within the company’s pension scheme where the Employee contribution will be in line with the current Pension Legislation rates. The Employer will also contribute a percentage of the Employee’s annual pro-rata salary which will be 6% during 0-3 years of employment, 8% during 3-5 years of employment and 10% after 5 years of employment.
- The Employee shall be entitled, so far as eligible by the Schemes rules, to membership of the Income Protection Scheme, Critical Illness Scheme and Life Assurance Scheme operated by the Employer.
- Account Director
- Researching key legislation and initiatives relevant to a particular client sector or the Company.
- Researching political and regulatory landscapes for current clients and when new business opportunities arise for the company.
- Working with the wider team to produce high-quality copy for public consultation projects.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- A keen interest in politics, policy and current affairs.
- A good eye for detail.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Assist the Business Manager and Senior Team with the office administration and data management.
- Strong organisational skills and diary management.
- Travel planning for the Accounts Team and Directors.
ICT Competencies Required
- Experience Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience of SPSS (preferred)
- Experience of WordPress
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Candidates must be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline such as social science or business. Ideally, he or she will have experience of public relations and or social research. The successful candidate will have an exceptional working knowledge of politics, current affairs and the governmental network in Scotland and the UK.
This role is based in Glasgow but will require regular travel to Edinburgh and London, and across the UK on occasion. This may include overnight stays. A full, valid UK Driver License would also be preferential. We offer generous benefits and pension packages to all employees.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a CV and covering letter to Jennifer Peltier, no later than Monday, 16 March 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information, please call 0141 212 7222.
Please note that interviews will be held on Friday, 20 March 2020.