Working at Invicta
The strength of Invicta lies in the talent and ability of its team. The business recognises this, by offering a highly competitive remuneration and benefits package.
What we are looking for:
At Invicta, we are always on the lookout for new talent. If you are a client-focused professional, proficient at unlocking new business opportunities, passionate about current affairs and highly knowledgeable about politics, we would like to hear from you.
Invicta has been a leading UK Public Affairs Company since 2007. Our focus is on the UK economy and businesses committed to supporting the success of it. We advise businesses of all sizes on how to engage with the government and create a dialogue with key decision-makers.
We pride ourselves on our unrivalled level of understanding of politics and how it affects business. We have proficiency in working with Westminster, Holyrood, Cardiff Bay and Stormont and have clients across all UK major hubs including Edinburgh, London, Cardiff, Belfast and throughout Europe.
Our skilled team engages with decision-makers by removing barriers to growth and simplifying the bureaucracy that can hold back company development. Where a public policy or regulatory framework impacts business goals, Invicta provides innovative solutions and tangible results.
We are looking to grow our team by recruiting an experienced Research Executive to work within our client team providing high-quality bespoke research and analysis. The successful candidate must have a strong interest in politics and public policy. The successful candidate must be able to work to a defined brief and originate primary research that involves the collation of information not commonly available at local and national level.
All candidates should have 1-3 years of professional experience in a comparable role and a background in social research is also preferred. Strong political and policy analysis skills are essential as are professional report-writing skills. Interpersonal skills are also a minimum requirement.
This is a new post within the Invicta team and the successful candidate can look forward to potential progression within 2 years to the post of Research Manager and in doing so, taking on the line management responsibility for their replacement as Research Executive.
Location & Working Hours:
In usual circumstances, based in our Glasgow city-centre office.
Core Hours – 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 4.30pm on Friday.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary Banding – £25 – 30k (depending on experience).
- 20 days annual leave during 0-3 years of employment, 23 days during 3-5 years of employment and 25 days after 5 years of employment. In addition to 10 days of public holiday allowance.
- Under the current Pension Legislation, you will automatically be enrolled within the company’s pension scheme where the Employee contribution will be in line with the current Pension Legislation rates. The Employer will also contribute a percentage of the Employee’s annual pro-rata salary which will be 6% during 0-3 years of employment, 8% during 3-5 years of employment and 10% after 5 years of employment.
- The Employee shall be entitled, so far as eligible by the Schemes rules, to membership of the Income Protection Scheme, Critical Illness Scheme and Life Assurance Scheme operated by the Employer.
- Account Director and Director.
- Researching key legislation and initiatives relevant to a particular client sector or the Company.
- Researching political and regulatory landscapes for current clients and when new business opportunities arise for the company.
- Working with the wider team to produce high-quality copy for public consultation projects.
- General administration and data management.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- A keen interest in politics, policy and current affairs.
- A good eye for detail.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills and diary management.
ICT Competencies Required:
- Experience Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Experience of SPSS (preferred).
- Experience of WordPress.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
Candidates must be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline such as social science or business. Ideally, they will have experience in public relations and or social research. The successful candidate will have an exceptional working knowledge of politics, current affairs and the governmental network in Scotland and the UK.
This role is based in Glasgow but will require regular travel to Edinburgh and London, and across the UK on occasion. This may include overnight stays. A full, valid UK Driver Licence would also be preferential.
To find out more about Invicta Public Affairs, please visit our website at www.invictapa.co.uk. If you are interested in applying for the position, please send a CV and covering letter to Jennifer Peltier, no later than Wednesday, 28 April 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information, please call 0141 212 7222. Please note that interviews will be held on Wednesday, 12 May 2021.